In accordance with Management Rules for the XPLORER PRIZE, this guide has been formulated to help young scientists and technicians understand and master application conditions, procedures and materials. The applicant is expected to read and follow this guide carefully.
- I. Applicant
- (1) The applicant is not more than 45 years old as of January 1 in the application year;
- (2) The applicant has obtained the highest academic degree in their major;
- (3) The applicant is engaged in full-time scientific research work on the Chinese mainland;
- (4) The applicant shall be recommended by three peer experts at or above the full professor level.
- II. Application procedures
- (1) Nomination
The nomination shall be initiated by a nominator invited by the award organizer who will provide the Secretariat with information such as the nominee’s name, the organization where the nominee is employed, the nominee’s email address and the reasons for the recommendation. Each nominator is limited to nomination of one candidate in their field every year. The Secretariat shall notify the nominee by email to submit application materials.
- (2) Individual registration
During the application period, the applicant can log in to the XPLORER PRIZE official website and submit the materials required.
- III. Application Website
- IV. Application Materials
- Before applying, the applicant must carefully read the application Statement to ensure personal information and the recommendation letter submitted are authentic and objective, and do not contain any content that violates relevant laws or regulations.
- (1) Basic information
- Personal information: Name, the organation where the applicant is employed, contact information, etc.
- Educational background: Complete the form in chronological order starting from an undergraduate degree.
- Experiences in scientific research: Complete the form in chronological order.
- Academic achievements: The applicant shall briefly introduce the major academic achievements and projects he or she has participated in.
- Future Plan: The applicant shall briefly introduce their research plan and expected results over the following five years.
- (2) List of academic achievements
- Publications: The applicant shall provide no more than five published representative papers and books relevant to the work plan.
- Invention patents: The applicant shall provide no more than five authorized patents related to the work plan.
- Academic honors: The applicant shall provide no more than three major academic honors that have been awarded to them.
- (3) Submission of Recommendation Letter
- Nomination: In addition to self-recommendation, the nominee must provide the contact information of an additional two experts who can provide recommendations.
- Registration: The applicant must provide the contact information of three experts who can provide a recommendation letter.
- The Secretariat will directly contact experts to complete and sign a recommendation letter that needs to be scanned and uploaded by those experts to the official application website.
- V. Application Requirements
- Candidates must not interfere with or influence the assessment in any way. Candidates who violate the rules will be disqualified from participating in the assessment once the violation is verified.
Secretariat of the XPLORER PRIZE